Search BlogPosts

Monday 3 February 2014

The Oath of Hippocrates

I do most solemnly swear by that which I hold most sacred:

That I will be loyal to the Profession of Medicine and just and generous to its Members:

That I will lead my life and practice my art in uprightness and honor:
That into whatsoever house I will enter, it shall be for the good of the sick and the well to the utmost of my power,and that I will hold myself aloof from wrong and corruption, from the tempting of others to vice:

I will exercise my art solely for the cure of my patients and will give no drug, perform no operation for a criminal purpose and far less suggest a thing.

That whatsoever I shall see or hear in the lives of men which is not fitting to be spoken, I will keep inviolably secret. These things I do swear.

These things I do promise and in the proportion as I am faithful to this oath, may happiness and good repute be mine, the opposite if I shall be forsworn.

No comments:

Post a Comment